Man charged in connection with Gold Coast burglary
Aug 21, 2026
A man has been charged in connection with the theft of more than $1 million in property from a Gold Coast residence last month, Chicago police said.Officers arrested Quentin Jones, 45, Wednesday and charged him with one felony count of theft of more than $1 million and one felony count of residentia
l burglary, police said.The investigation stems from a call police received on the afternoon of July 18 along the first block of East Scott Street. There, police met with a 23-year-old man who told them he had returned home and discovered it had been robbed, police said.Jewelry, handbags, watches, other high-end items and a safe containing additional belongings were stolen, police said.Video showed multiple people entering the property, police said.Area 3 detectives recovered additional video of the people and vehicles involved and identified Jones as one of the alleged burglars.Detectives also obtained video footage that they said showed Jones purchasing tools they believe aided in the burglary.Police said they found that the residence had been observed for weeks before the home was invaded.The investigation remains open as detectives search for additional suspects.Anyone with information regarding the theft can submit an anonymous tip to CPDTip.com.
...read more
read less