Former UM doctor accused of sexual battery releases video denying allegations
Aug 21, 2026
A former University of Miami doctor accused of sexual battery is denying the allegations in a new video released on Friday.
Ranjith Ramasamy, facing three counts of sexual battery, went on the record to say he is ready to fight the charges after he bonded out of jail.
“As soon as I found out
about these criminal charges a few months ago, I immediately agreed to voluntarily return to the United States to refute the false accusations and clear my name,” he said in the video.
The urologist and former assistant professor is accused of sexually battering his students and employees. According to police, the three male victims began seeing him for medical care during his time at the university’s school of medicine.
During these appointments, three victims allege Ramasamy made unwanted sexual advances and performed non-consensual sexual acts under the guise of medical care. Some of those acts included “anal penetration and forced ejaculation,” according to investigators.
In one incident, “Victim 1 said he did not consent to that procedure, and it is not something he ever heard of, now that he is a practicing urologist.”
The alleged crimes happened between 2017 and 2022, with authorities formally opening their investigation in 2024.
Earlier in August, Ramasamy, whose tenure with UM ended in 2024 and who had been living in Dubai, agreed to surrender to authorities in South Florida.
He has since paid his $120,000 bond and is in Sarasota. On Friday, he strongly pushed back against the allegations.
“These slanderous allegations were levied against me more than two and a half years ago by disgruntled members of the university community,” he said.
He added that the alleged instances never occurred and that he tried to obtain evidence from the university, to no avail.
“I attempted to address these false accusations with the university, but they wouldn’t make available the records that would exonerate me, proving that I never performed any unnecessary medical procedure, and I never assaulted anyone. I never sexually assaulted anyone. Never,” said Ramasamy.
The doctor, who spent nearly 10 years employed by the university and is considered an expert in sexual medicine and male infertility, also dived into why he left the university in the video.
“The employment situation with the university became untenable, so I accepted a position with a large health care facility in Dubai, leaving the university in good standing and my medical license with the Florida medical board intact,” he said.
As part of his release, Ramasamy is required to wear a GPS monitor.
The University of Miami has not responded to 7News’ request for comment as of Friday evening.
...read more
read less