Parolee arrested after alleged forced entry into Santa Rosa home
Aug 16, 2026
A 36-year-old parolee and registered sex offender was arrested after allegedly forcing entry into a Santa Rosa home and preventing residents from leaving, police said Saturday.
Santa Rosa Police Department officers were dispatched to a residence in the 2700 block of Mohawk Street at approximately
10:52 p.m. on Aug. 14 regarding a report of an unknown male forcing entry into an occupied home. Responding officers learned that a 66-year-old male resident had physically restrained the suspect against an interior wall in an effort to stop him.
The suspect continued to struggle and repeatedly closed the front door of the residence, preventing the occupants from exiting, police said. He fled the residence on foot prior to officers’ arrival.
Earlier in the same shift, officers had responded to a separate report at a residence a short distance away in the same neighborhood, where a male matching the same description was reported to have been looking through a window of the home. Officers subsequently learned the male was also reported to have directed sexual remarks toward an occupant of that residence. The suspect was not located at the time of that initial call.
Following the Mohawk Street incident, multiple officers responded to search the surrounding area. Officers located the suspect concealed in landscaping in the area of Yuma Street. The suspect resisted officers’ efforts to detain him and was taken into custody.
Edward Carver, 36, was booked into the Sonoma County Jail on charges of burglary, false imprisonment, elder abuse, peeking while loitering, loitering or prowling on private property, resisting, delaying or obstructing a peace officer, and a parole violation.
Bail has been set at $250,000. Carver is also being held on a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation parole hold.
Carver is a registered sex offender required to register under California law. The SRPD is disclosing that registration status based upon information available to the department concerning his current risk of sexual or violent re-offense, and having determined that disclosure is necessary to ensure public safety.
According to the department, that determination reflects the reported conduct in this case, “which includes a forced entry into an occupied residence, the prowling of a second occupied residence, and sexual remarks directed toward a resident — conduct occurring at two separate occupied homes in the same residential neighborhood within a short span of time, and which may involve additional individuals in the community who have not yet come forward.”
Police stated the purpose of releasing this information is to allow members of the public to protect themselves and their children from sex offenders, noting the information is not provided to allow any person to engage in harassment, threats, or any other unlawful act against any individual.
Information regarding persons required to register as sex offenders, including photographs, is maintained by the California Department of Justice and is available to the public at meganslaw.ca.gov. Members of the public who wish to view registry information for this or any registrant may do so directly through that state website, which is the authoritative source for that information and is subject to state use restrictions.
The investigation is ongoing and the case has been referred to Santa Rosa Police Department detectives for further follow-up. Anyone who was contacted by, or who observed, a male matching this description in the area on Aug. 14, or who believes they may have had a similar encounter, is asked to contact the Santa Rosa Police Department at 707-528-5222, referencing case number 26-8800.
All persons arrested are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law. The charges described above are allegations, and the final determination of charges to be filed rests with the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office.
...read more
read less