May 21, 2026
After four days of searching, officials say they are still looking for the swimmer who went missing earlier this week, according to the Ocean City Police Department. The search for the swimmer is about to transition into a recovery operation by the Ocean City Fire Department and Beach Patrol as well as the Police Department, police said. The search started on Monday, May 18 when first responders were called to the 10th Street Beach in Ocean City just before 5 p.m. to reports of a swimmer in distress. When crews got to the beach, they successfully pulled one person out of the water, officials said. The person rescued is alive and was able to speak with officials. The recovered swimmer said that he saw the 20-year-old lose his footing on the boogie board, but he did not resurface, officials said. The man was also believed to have been around 200 yards from shore at the time he went missing, officials said. ...read more read less
Respond, make new discussions, see other discussions and customize your news...

To add this website to your home screen:

1. Tap tutorialsPoint

2. Select 'Add to Home screen' or 'Install app'.

3. Follow the on-scrren instructions.

Feedback
FAQ
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service