Feb 21, 2026
Ghislaine Maxwell’s older brother Ian is speaking out in support of ex-Prince Andrew in the wake of his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office related to his ties to Jeffrey Epstein. Now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor after being stripped of his royal titles, the former prince was dramatically taken into custody on Thursday, his 66th birthday, at his new home on the Sandringham Estate. Police officers patrol around the Sandringham Royal Estate in Sandringham, England, Friday, Feb. 20, 2026 after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested and held for hours by British police on suspicion of misconduct in public office related to his links to Jeffrey Epstein.(AP Photo/Maja Smiejkowska) Speaking with The Telegraph for an interview published Friday, Ian Maxwell said he feels sympathy for Andrew because unlike Ghislaine — whose family has stood by her even as she serves 20 years in prison for conspiring in Epstein’s sex trafficking crimes — the former prince has apparently been abandoned. Amid continued revelations about Andrew’s alleged connections to Epstein, King Charles III announced last fall that he’d be booting his younger brother from the royal residence where he’d lived for more than 20 years. Andrew officially moved out of the crown-owned property earlier this month. “There he is, kicked out of his home, completely isolated,” Ian said. “Even his daughters [Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie] are at sixes and sevens about what to do.” Ian further emphasized that while Andrew may have engaged in “sleazy [and] humiliating” behavior with various women, he has not been charged with any sexual offense. “And the police will have looked really hard for evidence,” Ian said, seemingly implying that there’s no proof any sexual misconduct took place. Businessman Ian Maxwell, brother of Ghislaine Maxwell, speaks during an interview at his office in London, Monday, Nov. 15, 2021. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth) Andrew’s arrest appears to have stemmed from accusations that he sent trade information to Epstein while serving as Britain’s special envoy for international trade in 2010. Correspondence between the two men seeming to show as much was released by the U.S. Justice Department late last month. The allegations being investigated are separate from those made by the late Virginia Giuffre, who claimed she was trafficked by Epstein to have sex with the prince in 2001, when she was 17. Giuffre died by suicide last April, just six months before her posthumously published memoir again named Andrew as one of her abusers while calling Ghislaine an “apex predator” who groomed her for Epstein’s use. Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre alleges that she was intimate with Prince Andrew at the London home of Ghislaine Maxwell.Photo is evidence in a federal lawsuit/Palm Beach Post/TNSJeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre, center, alleges that she was intimate with Prince Andrew at the London home of Ghislaine Maxwell. Ian referenced Giuffre elsewhere in his interview with The Telegraph. “I know who the monster is here and it’s not my sister, it’s Virginia Giuffre and her falsehoods that have had devastating ramifications for Ghislaine,” he said. “I didn’t shed a tear when she died.” Ian maintains his sister’s innocence, claiming she’s the “scapegoat for the dreadful crimes perpetrated by Jeffrey Epstein,” who died by suicide while awaiting his own trial in 2019. “I genuinely believe that if Epstein were alive, he would be incarcerated and she would be free,” Ian said. With News Wire Services ...read more read less
Respond, make new discussions, see other discussions and customize your news...

To add this website to your home screen:

1. Tap tutorialsPoint

2. Select 'Add to Home screen' or 'Install app'.

3. Follow the on-scrren instructions.

Feedback
FAQ
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service