Feb 16, 2026
Valentine’s shoppers in the East Bay say love was not in the air when some brazen burglars struck a Contra Costa County shopping mall this weekend. “Friday at about 1:30 in afternoon, eight subjects, looks like five males and three females, entered the Macy’s women’s at Sunvalley Mall wit h bags. Grabbed about $5,000 worth of merchandise mainly cosmetics, then ran out of the mall got into a car and left,” Lt. Kevin Halm, with the Concord Police Department, said. Concord police say the crew was in and out in a matter of minutes after stuffing their bags police say they left in a stolen getaway car. “Looks to me like organized retail theft. These people knew what they were doing, knew what they wanted. Ran in and out very quickly. Didn’t contact or confront employees just grabbed merchandise and ran out of the store.” Halm said. “We’re just at that point where you can’t put anything past anyone man you have to take precautions at all means,” Saka Faafiti said. Shoppers say the heist has them feeling nervous. “Not the right time to do that. People tend to be a little less guarded, you’ve got other things going on. You’re not thinking if I run to the mall or eat people going to run past me while I’m trying to think about what my plans are,” Jay Rana said. “It’s a sad time that we’re in right now because you wouldn’t think something like that happens you mean on Valentine’s. Never heard of looting on a Valentine’s,” Faafiti said. Police say the blitz style burglaries are taking place all too often. Police said so far no arrests but they’re determined to catch the suspects. “We’re going to find you even though it’s not today. We will find you down the road and you will be held accountable for,” Halm said. ...read more read less
Respond, make new discussions, see other discussions and customize your news...

To add this website to your home screen:

1. Tap tutorialsPoint

2. Select 'Add to Home screen' or 'Install app'.

3. Follow the on-scrren instructions.

Feedback
FAQ
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service